Saturday, August 16, 2014

Allywhitecat Mixed media Michaels Mason Jars...Alice in Wonderland

I love Alice In Wonderland ..and I am teaching a class at Michaels...yea!!!!!!
 I am looking forward to this one.
Michaels
in Odessa Texas..
you can contact Nila at 432-362-7590 and put your name on the class list..I HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!!!!

This jar is a collage project so let me give you a tutorial on this fun project.

I chose to use "Alice Squared " collage sheet by Moonlight Journey http://moonlightjourney.com

So if you wish to make this project please purchase your download and print it and have it with you.

I first primed the jar with Golden Gel Medium.
You can use mod podge or gesso.

after the gel medium dries add a second coat and I used Ranger Inks, Tim Holtz  tissue paper..tearing strips gently to fit the jar.
cover with gel medium.

now it gets fun ...are you ready? This product is called Distress crackle paint. There are so many things you can do with this product. Even though my final photo will NOT show the crackles as it dries over night they will be there in the morning adding the finishing touch to my piece.
I have chosen worn lipstick, I like the way it blends with the Moonlight Journey digital images.
So I am going to cut one of the "Alice Squared " squares and begin with the first image.

After covering the jar with 2 coats of this fun product crackle paint..make sure they dry in between...
I am going to use the gel medium again like glue on the torn images to add dimention and a extra layer on the jar
see the sqare corners and the white showing from the tears..I like to tear all of the squares off i like it to look torn and I used my Inkssentials tool with worn lipstick Distress ink to hide the white.
again, use the gel medium to adhere the strips on to the jar and add another coat of Distress crackle paint only covering the borders not the entire images space the four strips evenly around the jar.

Time to cut another square. which again I tear to fit the jar and cover the borders with Distress ink.
and the third
I also stamped some butterflies to fill in space . This stamp is from Stampers Anonymous by Wendy Vecchi.
I also cut a large butterfly from my stash of images. I am sorry I do not remember from whence it came :)
Now I covered the entire jar and everything on it with the gel medium. When it completely dried I put a thick thick layer of Mod Podge over everything on the jar. It will take a while to dry be patient if you use a heat gun it can bubble.

as you can see it puffs up. When it dries enough to use your finger to gentle run over the lifted areas until everything is mashed down.
Even when everything dries you will have puffed areas I used a punch to add flowers in these trouble spots.
Now comes the trim. I found a beautiful store with lovely lovely products on Ebay and I saw two items and purchased them.They came so beautifully packaged I was so touched by the time the store owner Nancy Barber took for her items..so please let me share this fabulous store with you
http://linensandlaurel.com

I added the lace roses and trim to the punched flowers and rim of the lid.
Do you like the keys? Michaels has great selections of accessories to add to your items this was from their sales corner both of them.
Now for the lid..the miniture tea pot set is from www.alphastamps.com
The larger flowers are from my stash I think but I am not for sure they are Recollection flowers from Michaels.
Now for the final square...
I chose to make a card to go with the jar so I have a gift set. I will later punch small holes in the open spaces of the lid and add potpouri so of course the final square and the accessory pieces left on the collage sheet went for the card
The pink stripes came from washi tape.. and again you can see I used Nancy's beautiful lace.

THANK YOU for stopping in. I would love your comments teaching is new to me..
Have a marvelous weekend.
hugs
susan s
Allywhitecat


















1 comment:

  1. Love this Susan! All the layers and textures are fantastic too. Congratulations on all the classes that you are giving.

    ReplyDelete